Please read through the following checklist BEFORE submitting an application:
- £150 is our usual average grant, in exceptional cases, we may go slightly higher
- One grant per 12 month period unless there has been a significant change in the applicant’s circumstances (for example, moved home, separated, lost job, a major illness, a new baby born into very financially challenged home)
- Have you tried the Cambridgeshire Local Assistance Scheme (CLAS), especially for a cooker which they may pay to install?
- We do not help with rent, deposits, mortgage payments, catalogue or credit card debts, loans, fines or court costs
- In the General Background box please mention if bereavement, separation, domestic violence/abuse, physical or mental infirmity are relevant. If the applicant is not in work, please indicate why
- If the client is moving please tell us when and whether the address you give is the current or future one
- Please be clear where you want a cheque or store card delivered to (normally to you at the organisation address, not the client unless specifically agreed by us and the applicant has a secure letterbox)
Other Charities to consider that may be able to help:
- Besom – kitchen packs, bedding packs, curtains, furniture, children’s clothes, free of charge
- Besom Cambridge: email@example.com 01223 246438
- Besom Histon & Impington: besomHI@gmail.com 07591 194880
- Little Bundles – baby equipment and clothing (up to age three), free of charge firstname.lastname@example.org
See Online Application Form Here.
Here are some links that you may find useful:
"I want to say a huge big thank you to Cambridge Aid for all the funds you have given the families and individuals throughout the year.
It has made such a difference to many families - not just for the essentials, and I can’t tell you how often people have been in tears as the gesture is so poignant for them. The money will definitely make such a difference to the families this year."
- Financial Inclusion Officer
Cambridge City Council
Thank you. "
The Red Hen Project
Great St. Mary's Church, Cambridge
Cambridge Money Advice Centre
Get In Touch
Registered Charity No. 204327
Website designed by Nick Knights
Website maintained by Geoff Jones
Charity hosting by Krystal.uk