Please read through the following checklist BEFORE submitting an application:
- £150 is our usual maximum grant, in exceptional cases, we may go slightly higher.
- One grant per 12 month period unless there has been a significant change in the applicant’s
circumstances (for example: moved home, separated, lost job, a major illness, a new baby born into very financially challenged home)
- Have you tried the Cambridgeshire Local Assistance Scheme (CLAS), especially for a cooker or fridge/freezer
- We do not help with rent, deposits, mortgage payments, catalogue or credit card debts, loans, fines or court costs
- In the General Background box please mention if bereavement, separation, domestic violence/abuse, physical or mental infirmity are relevant. If the applicant is not in work, please indicate why
- If the client is moving please tell us when and whether the address you give is the current or future one
- Please be clear where you want a cheque or store card delivered to (normally to you at the organisation address, not the client unless specifically agreed by us and the applicant has a secure letterbox).
Other Charities to consider that may be able to help:
- . Besom – kitchen packs, bedding packs, curtains, furniture, children’s clothes, free of charge
Besom Cambridge email@example.com 01223 246438
Besom Histon&Impington besomHI@gmail.com 07591 194880
- Little Bundles – baby equipment and clothing (up to age three), free of charge firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, the online application form can be found here