Examples of requests are support for homeless people, victims of domestic violence, single parents on basic benefits, children’s needs, people moving from institutional care into unfurnished accommodation, those suffering from physical or mental health difficulties, individuals with fresh-start educational needs, those lacking any income or where benefits have been withdrawn or are awaited. But these are only examples!
Applications are often for help with:
- replacing or acquiring ‘white goods’, cookers etc.
- help with furnishing and equipping empty accommodation
- food and basic needs including clothing and footwear
- furniture, beds, mattresses, bedding
- carpets, flooring, and decorating costs (cheapest carpets are felt back – contact us for options)
- fuel and water debts, and the cost of Debt Relief Orders
- disabled or child safety equipment
- fees or books for educational courses, or for child care costs
- contribution to respite or children’s special need holidays
- replacing lost identity documents
- moving house, rubbish skips, and garden fencing
- prepayment meter top up and contribution to TV licence
- prescription & doctor’s letter costs
This is by no means an exhaustive list and all cases are considered on merit.